Volunteer at the Y
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change. In Howard County, our Y is more than 100 years strong in volunteers! We are build on volunteers with a shared passion to help keep moving us forward as a community!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER JOB POSTINGS!
VOLUNTEER AN HOUR, TWO, A DAY OR STAY!
1. SOCIAL AMBASSADOR OF THE LOWER LEVEL LOBBY! : )
WHAT: Helping with towel service and greeting our members.
WHEN: Any time between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00pm
WHY: Because we are ALL ABOUT PEOPLE! It's not just about folding towels or saying hi.
We build relationships!!
2. MAIN LOBBY AMBASSADOR OF GREETING! : )
WHAT: Greeting our members and guests with a warm smile.
WHEN: Any time between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm
WHY: Because everyone needs a smile!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING, PLEASE CONTACT TRISH AT 765-457-4447 OR trish.severns @kokomoymca.org!
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors