Reading Workoutspresented by Destination Excellence Basketball Training (D.E.B.T)
The Reading Workouts campaign is a joint initiative between Destination Excellence Basketball Training and CLASSROOM TEACHERS nationwide to encourage students to read for 10 minutes a day. We’ve set a goal of a million minutes read nationwide by the conclusion of the program. With your support, we will achieve that milestone. The Reading Workouts program will begin on October 4, 2021 and conclude on March 4, 2021. Learn more here
How To Participate
As a Classroom Teacher, you’re constantly looking for ways to encourage your students to read more. Well, Destination Excellence Basketball Training makes it easy! With this program, we’ve taken all of the prep work out of the equation, plus we’ve added some really cool incentives for you and your students. Just click here
to get registered for the program or find out more information.
Become a Teacher Liaison
For more information on how to become a teacher liaison click here
Program Incentives For more information on program incentives, rules or to register, click HERE!
We understand that it can be difficult to motivate a student to read for the simple “love of reading” so we also sweetened the deal by adding the “love of basketball.” Each student that participates in the program will receive:
• A Certificate of Participation and 1 hr Basketball Training on the last Sunday of each month at the Kokomo YMCA • A voucher to receive Kokomo Bobkats merchandise at a game of his / her choice
• Eligibility to win a Grand Prize at conclusion of the Program (subject to contest rules)
Additional Milestone Incentives (AWARDS & GRAND PRIZE*):
• The top reader at each school will also receive an “Outstanding Achievement Award” from D.E.B.T. and the Kokomo Bobkats.
• The student who reads the most total minutes and is recorded by a teacher nationally for this program will receive a Grand Prize* – The Grand prize will include 2 tickets for the student and a guest at a Kokomo Bobkats game of their choosing to be recognized as the Grand Prize winner during half time, a photo op with a player, as well as a pizza party for the student and 4 guest to include players of Kokomo BobKats.
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about you and all of the hard work you do. Each teacher that signs up for the program will receive:
• Eligibility to sign up for Teacher Liaison program and
• Eligibility to win a Grand Prize at conclusion of the program (subject to contest rules)
Additional Milestone Incentive (GRAND PRIZE*):
The teacher who records the most minutes nationally will receive a Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will include 2 tickets to the Kokomo BobKats game of their choosing as well as a gift certificate for 2 at the restaurant of their choosing. (Gift certificate not to exceed $100)